Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Ugh

I think this is about the point, ten years ago, that Andrew and I said, "How about ten people on top of a mountain?"

I have kind of a crappy track record of party planning and weather. In six years, I have managed to host Bear's birthday parties during a monsoon that shut down the Newport Bridge (and caused the church hall we were in to take on water), the aftermath of a hurricane and Rhode Island's first October Nor'Easter in memory. Tadpoles two parties have both been planned as outdoor parites (JUNE people!! JUNE!!) adn it has rained both days. Soo... Andrew not-so-gently suggest we look for an indoor venue to have this party since our house isn't big enough for 100 wet guests to cram into.
I am feeling very defeated by how quickly costs are adding up.
 - Venue #1 - $1250 for the space. No tables. No chairs. Still awaiting a call back regarding availability.
 - Venue #2 - $2100 for the space. Includes tables and chairs. Available Friday or Sunday, not Saturday.
 - Venue #3 - $3850 for the space. No tables. No chairs. Available Friday or Sunday, not Saturday. BUT it
    is a GORGEOUS greenhouse.
- Catering - $42 per person
- Photography - $3000 minimum
And we haven't even begun to add in rentals, flowers, centerpieces, invitations, dresses, tuxedos, music, favors, ugh.

I just wanted to host a fun party, renew my vows and celebrate my marriage with my husband and not have to feed my children ramon noodles for the next eight months in order to do so. I realize this is ridiculous. I know we DON'T have to have a big wedding-type party to celebrate our anniversary. We could go on vacation, or out to dinner, or both for far less money. Ugh, ugh, ugh.

1 comment:

mom said...

I'm thinking the church hall that flooded during bear's birthday party might be available, no chairs, no tables, no food. LOL