Sunday, February 28, 2010

My Olympic Fail

There will be no Olympic medal for me this year. But I'm OK with that. I wasn't, but after ten minutes of fuming I realized why I'm not going to get my medal and why it doesn't matter.

First the knitting...
I have knit the front of this !#$%& vest and ripped it back about six times now. Let's see, first I knit an extra row of the intarsia diamond. That wouldn't have been such a big deal if it wasn't destined to be argyle and the X across the diamond doesn't really allow for an accidental extra row. Ripped it back and fixed that. Then I realized that I missed the armhole decreases. Rip. Oh, decreased to the 18 month size instead of the 12 month size. Rip. Missed 12 decreases right after the armholes. Rip. Rip. Rip.

And now the why...
I've been trying to balance being a wife and a mom, having a career, and finding time to knit, work out, spend time with friends, read, think. There are only so many hours in a day. I tried giving up sleep but I'm not so nice when I'm tired. So these past two weeks I've been trying to multitask. Playing Wii with Andrew, reading Tadpole Twilight instead of Goodnight Moon, knitting while playing kitchen and school with Bear. It's this last multitasking endeavor that hasn't worked out so well. But I've had so much fun, I don't even care.

Eventually, I will finish this thing. Hopefully before Friday because I really do want Tadpole to wear it for Easter pictures.

No comments: