Tuesday, August 4, 2009

SP14 - Package One!

My first SP14 package arrived this past weekend. My pal is from Finland and made me a forest themed package. I love it!!! First a pic of the goodies:


Here is everything before I dug in. First, a wool mitten kit with a forest theme from a Finnish designer made with Finnish wool, Finnish and Swedish chocolates - you need snacks when hiking, napkins with moose on them, and a vacation guide book to my pal's hometown - won't she be surprised when I show up on her doorstep :-). In the wrapped packages there is a tiny wooden moose that sits on a pot and keeps the lid slightly elevated to let out steam (haven't seen that since Bear asked to "look" at it), a juniper butter knife, a washcloth for Tadpole, and a Swedish puzzle for Bear. She LOVES puzzles and this one is the perfect hard-enough-to-require-thought-but-not-so-hard- that-mom-has-to-do-it combination.

Another part of my package that I love, and that my pal had no way of knowing, is that my husband's family is Swedish so she not only gave me knitting gifts, she gave me a piece of family.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked the package. I have to dissapoint you though. The puzzle's characters are Finnish even though they originally speak Swedish. Finland is a bilingual country - some people speak Swedish. So there might be some text in them (also the candies)in Swedish. Though nowadays it's hard to where everything s actually made. I hope you DH won't be too dissapointed!

love,
secret knitting pal

Megan said...

Ooh, sorry - I hope I didn't offend you. And I just won't tell DH. He'll never know. :-)