Monday, August 3, 2009

February Baby Sweater

Long winded explanation: I finally figured out how to use Facebook. Turns out it's not that hard to do when you have five baby screaming minutes free. I love it, but what strikes me the most is how I have daily conversations with people I knew (of) in high school and barely spoke to. One actual friend from high school, Amanda, and I have been co-workers for quite some time but now that we both have become moms we seem to have so much more in common than when she was on the volley ball team and I played tennis. (How petty we were.) Anyway... she is becoming god-mother to her niece this weekend and asked me if I could knit a non-cookie cutter gift for said niece. Thus, the February Baby Sweater.


Baby Tadpole modeling - don't tell daddy!


Pattern: Baby Sweater on Two Needles by Elizabeth Zimmerman
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease
Begun: 7/23/2009
Finished: 8/1/2009
Notes: My first FO with a lace pattern. I now understand what everyone means when they say that lace is intuitive. You know what stitch comes next after the first couple of rows. I've never actually gotten past the first couple of rows before. :-)

3 comments:

CarolynEll said...

So cute!

The lace is so much easier when you're not using mohair, right? :)

Carrie Penny said...

That is so pretty! He looks too cute in it!

Miss Me said...

what a lovely gift! and isn't highschool all about being petty?