Tuesday, July 7, 2009

SP14 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I have a love affair with Rowan Linen Drape but I have recently discovered bamboo blends.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A pink cardboard wine bottle gift cylinder thing holds my straight needles and a small basket holds the circular and double pointed needles.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting since elementary school, my mom taught me. I can knit almost anything though there are things that I am too afraid to try (steeks, for example) so perhaps an advanced intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
yes

5. What's your favorite scent?
fresh cut grass, rain, the ocean

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Of course! Sour patch kids, red Swedish fish, and those crunchy on the outside chewy on the inside raspberry things. Oh, and banana laffy taffy.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I started a scrapbook for my daughter this summer but with a three year old and a newborn knitting seems like enough right now. I have not tried spinning yet.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Jimmy Buffet, Jill Sobule, classical, Aerosmith, country... I'm really not into top 40 pop, rap, or hip hop.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like nature colors and I guess you can say all colors can be found in nature somewhere. I like fall and the ocean and the forest.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
One husband, a three year old girl, a newborn son, two dogs, a thirteen year old step daughter and a partridge in a pear tree.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves, hat, mittens yes. I love the look of ponchos but I've never been able to pull them off.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Whatever looks pretty in the book.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Current WIP's are the pinwheel sweater for me, a baby blanket, a baby sweater, two tank tops, a vest, two purses, and a couple gifts I can't mention. (How embarrassing... I should really try and finish something once in a while.)

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes, as long as it is something I will use. I would hate to have someone put a ton of time and effort into a tug boat cozy just to have it sit in my closet seeing as how I don't have a tug boat and all.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo straights and addi circulars. I would rather swallow double pointed needles then knit with them. I use two circulars instead.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Winder yes. On the right day I might trade the three year old for a swift.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Sadly, about three years.

18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
Christmas, the 4th of July, and Flag Day. Christmas was always a huge family holiday when I was a kid - all the aunts and uncles and cousins at my grandparents house. The Fourth of July was an equally big holiday with the other side of our family. Flag Day was my late grandmother's birthday - we were very close and I was hoping that Tadpole would be born on the 14th but he made his appearance six days earlier.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn. Other than that I am not a knick-knack kind of person. I detest clutter (not that you can tell by the appearance of my house right now!!).

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
Dying? Probably not. Knit So Fine has been on my wish list for a while. I subscribe to Interweave Knits.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
Magic Loop.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
US Size 8. 9.5 inches (24cm) long, 3.5 inches (9cm) wide.

23. When is your birthday?
March 16

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Meganlynn

No comments: