Monday, July 27, 2009

Love

Thank you all for your encouragement and support this week. Clearly I needed it.

Tonight, Bear gave me one of those makes-it-all-worth-it moments that reminded me just how much I love this crazy thing called motherhood.

We were at Gymboree and as we were checking out Bear asked if she could get a necklace. She handed me two necklaces and asked if I could untangle them because they were stuck. I explained to her that they weren't stuck, that it was a pair of necklaces - two halves of heart, one says "Best" the other says "Friends". I told her she could wear one and give the other one to her best friend to wear. She looked at me and said, "Mommy you're my best friend." My eyes filled with tears. (The sales girl was looking a little misty too and offered to cut off the tags so we could put them on right away.)

4 comments:

Grace said...

ahhhh The Sweet Spots!!!

ponyknit said...

Awwww another memory to file away till when she's a teenager ;) hehe

Jennifer said...

I just teared up a little myself....

Carrie Penny said...

That is too precious