Thursday, June 4, 2009

ADD

I have knitting ADD. I cannot focus on the SIX projects I have waiting to be finished. Instead, I decided to start the pinwheel sweater using a bunch of worsted weight stash that I have lying around. In fairness to myself I have made some minimal progress on the embroidered circles on baby Tadpole's blanket, but that's really been it.

I decided to do fall shades of orange and brown since I have a couple of hanks leftover from my Two-Toned Shrug (one leftover that I used, and one leftover that I bought and decided didn't really match the shrug) and almost four hanks of superwash ivory that I used some as is and dyed (my first dyeing project!!) in small batches to use. So far I L-O-V-E the color palette... the Cascade 220 Superwash in ivory, a mustardy yellow (superwash dyed), a butternut squash color (superwash dyed), Louet Riverstone in citrus, Cascade 220 in ginger, Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Maple Syrup, and then I plan on overdying my Cascade 220 Tangerine Heather to a dark brown (it's just too bright to incorporate as is) for the last color circle. I know, a picture is worth a thousand words but I'm at work right now - perhaps I have ADD in general, since despite having a chart open in front of me I am blogging on and on about knitting and watching ER on the TV of the patient's room in front of me. Anyway, a picture will have to wait.

So far I have two color rounds completed (ivory and yellow) and will start the butternut round as soon as they yarn dries. Loving this project.

The color scheme thus far (can't take a picture without Bear in it!).

16 days and counting.

1 comment:

Miss Me said...

i don't have the pinwheel sweater in my ravelry queue, but i do have a hard copy of it. i can't wait to see the FO.