Saturday, April 25, 2009

Two FO's

Cotton Stretch Infant Hat



Pattern: Cotton Stretch Infant Hat
Yarn: Cascade Fixation Blueberry
Begun: 4/23/2009
Finished: 4/24/2009

Notes: Super quick super easy baby hat. Tadpole will wear this in the hospital after he is born. (Modeled by Bear and her doll Lucy.)


Amanda's Squatty Sidekick


Pattern: Amanda's Squatty Sidekick
Yarn: Briggs & Little Atlantic #75 Mulberry
Begun: 3/18/2009
Finished: 4/22/09

Notes: Made this for the Felted Purse Exchange on Ravelry. The purse ended up a lot bigger than I expected, though it's still cute. My one issue with this pattern... for the life of me I couldn't figure out how to pick up the stitches around the bottom and then keep knitting so I ended up picking up the stitches and turning my work around to continue knit stitch. The first time I did this I ended up making the increases for the sides about two inches off so I had to rip apart the entire thing and start over. The second time around I realized my mistake and adjusted the pattern for my knitting it "backwards".

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Is Bear happy to be the model? She looks a bit sheepish....The hat looks great! I have fallen in love with baby stuff again thanks to Zoe and Tadpole! I love the purse! I haven't felted on purpose before but looks like I need to add it to the "To Do" list for knitting in 2009!

Renna said...

Hi! I saw your notes on Ravelry that you did a garter stitch border on this hat. I was wondering how many rows of garter stitch you did? I prefer that look over the roll brim, and need to produce two new baby gifts.