Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Posy Slip

I love Interweave Knits as much as the next girl, however, I think someone has lost their mind with this one. The Posy Slip is cute - though I definitely wouldn't make it in purple and I'm not such a big fan of the striping effect of the yarn. But the biggest draw back? The part of this dress that would land me in divorce court? This dress calls for Artyarns Silk Pearl. Eleven to fourteen hanks of Silk Pearl. In case you're not understanding my outrage, that would cost you somewhere in the neighborhood of $440 - $560 not including shipping. There are wedding dresses that cost less.

7 comments:

Dana said...

When I saw that pattern, I thought the same thing. They should really try to write patterns using yarn that the rest of the world can afford- not just them, who get all of the yarn donated! Grr.

Carrie Penny said...

Yeah, this isn't the first one that the yarn was well above and beyond what a noramal person would be willing to spend to knit the pattern. I am sure that there is a good sub, but still...

Aunt Kathy said...

I thant's the very reason I mostly knit dishcloths, lol.

I would love to someday make me a sweater, but the yarn for it would cost $100 and I could buy one in the store for $$20. Where is the logic in that???

{{sigh}}

Miss Me said...

all i could see when i looked at that dress was my WIDE hips and lumpy thighs... the cost of the yarn would be more detracting!

Jill L said...

Seriously!!!! I thought the same thing when I saw this (plus I am not 20 anymore to pull it off.) I love knitting, but I do have my limits!

Jennifer said...

Also, did you notice how the color patterning is different in each section? Most of the shaping is done by changing needle sizes. If you're gonna use $400 worth of yarn, check your pooling. A solid would've been much better...

ponyknit said...

Whoa damn...
Cute... but ya craziness