Friday, February 20, 2009

Flu

How does a kid that got the flu shot get the flu? By going to the Children's Museum during school vacation week, that's how. (I'm pretty sure anyway.)

After giving her teaspoon after teaspoon of water (and cleaning up tablespoon after tablespoon of puke) I finally gave in to my hysterical mother core and took Bear to the emergency room. They sent us home with some anti-nausea medicine and instructions to keep her hydrated.

She's now happily eating "hot cheese and chips" - the only lunch she would agree to - and watching Robots for the third time today.

6 comments:

SJNorman said...

I hate that movie. I liked it the first time. Now I hate it. Give her a hug for me...but don't actually breath in when you do this ;)

ponyknit said...

Awww ::hugs:: to you both, I'm sure I know how she got the Flu, but I won't go on my tirade.

~Tonia~ said...

Poor thing. Hopefully the meds will help and the fluids will keep her hydrated. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Aunt Kathy said...

They tell me the flu shot isn't for EVERY flu out there only the main ones. Yeah, like I ever just get the main things. {{sigh}} At least she is eating, try popsicles and jello, my DR told me after my surgery they counted as liquids for hydration.

Jill L said...

got a different flu than one one she a vaccine for. Hopefully it will pass soon!

Lisa said...

Oh man....here's hoping that the meds did the trick and that you are on the road to recovery....