Thursday, February 19, 2009

FINALLY!!

So my dinasour of a computer is still on the fritz. Right now I'm using Andrew's company laptop to connect to the rest of the world again.

Here are a few quick updates on what's going on in my little corner of the planet. Then, I'm off to see what's going on in your world.

  • After coughing like a seal for the past month, I finally convinced an actual doctor to see me and prescribe me something, anything, to make it stop. My OB gave me cough syrup, cough syrup with codeine for night time, and an inhaler. I feel a billion times better in just 24 hours. Yahoo.
  • But of course, since I feel better, Bear is sick. She has some horrible stomach bug and has kept down a total of 4 ounces of water all day. Yes, just water. This is the child that will drink whatever disgusting liquid medicine she is prescribed but literally HIDES BEHIND THE COUCH if I try to poison her with Gateraide or Pedialyte.
  • The ballerina wrap is on its way to being done. The pieces have been knit and blocked. It's just waiting for me to come up with some finishing energy.
  • The circles and stripes blanket has three squares done and the fourth is on the needles. I think I'm going to double to the width of the cable edging, knit it in the round and knit it onto the blanket as I go. Then I will add a fabric piece to the back of the blanket so that there isn't a "wrong" side once the blanket is done.

That's it for my world, for now. :-)

6 comments:

Lisa said...

{{{{HUGS}}}} I know how hard being sick while pregnant is. It SUCKS! Enough said!

I almost snorted coffee out my nose with your description of Bear's aversion to liquids of "Poison"......

Can't wait to see the FO's!

Finally - Sounds as if a new computer would make an excellent late Valentine's present or an early Mother's Day one....

Carrie Penny said...

Huggles and an e-blanket of the snuggliest sort for you both!

I was the same way with liquids. Now I know it is better to have them on your tummy than the grossness after you are sick for a day or two, but as a kid I ran for the hills too.

My mom used to make a gaterade "mock tail" for me and she would have one too so I was more apt to drink it.

She would put a little sprite in in so it was bubby (just enough to see the carbanation not so much I was adding much gas to my tummy) and she would sit there drinking it with me.

Aunt Kathy said...

Glad you got some meds... will she eat the pedialite popsicles???

Jennifer said...

Yuck! That stomach flu going around is the worst... I hope you're all on the mend soon!

ponyknit said...

Glad to hear your on the mend. Happy Knitting!

~Tonia~ said...

So glad that the Dr. was able to prescribe you something that helps. Hope you all start feeling better soon.