Saturday, January 31, 2009

Koolhaas

(So where have I been? Here... with a frozen laptop and a desktop computer with a broken monitor. My husband has been in Chicago on a business trip with the laptop that works. Grrr.)




Pattern: Koolhaas by Jared Flood
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash color #817 Aran
Size: Women's
Begun: 1/16/09
Finished: 1/31/09
Notes: I decided to drop everything and make this hat because I lost the hat I bought myself in NYC. (The color is actually more cream than the picture shows.) I had put this hat in my que on Ravelry the minute I saw it but I was worried about all the cables. The cable part turned out to be easier than I thought. I figured out that the knit stitch is always in front which made it possible to knit without constantly looking at the pattern. AND I figured out how to do the knit-only cables without a cable needle (taught myself, how smart am I?) which made those rows go much quicker. It's nice and warm and the superwash ensures that my loving husband won't felt it in the wash.

6 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Great hat, and your daughter is adorable. Hope you get those computer woes fixed.

Carrie Penny said...

CUTE! I hope the computer situation gets fixed ASAP! Nothing worse than being w/o computer time unless you think of no knitting time and no computer time...

Myownigloo said...

What an adorable bright-eyed pink-cheeked cherub! And the hat looks great on her!

Jennifer said...

Cute hat! It is amazing how cabling sans cable needle opens up the world for you. I will never go back!

ponyknit said...

Super cute!

KSee said...

what hat, I could not get past those big blue eyes!