Monday, October 6, 2008

Girly Girl

When I found out I was pregnant, I immediately thought I was going to have a boy. All my dreams in those early weeks were about babies dressed entirely in blue. When I found out I was having a girl, I cried. I told my doctor that girls were cranky and high-maintenance and I didn't think I could do it (hormonal much?).

When Bear was born, I, of course, fell in love. I loved snuggling with her and kissing her sweet baby lips. She has the sweetest little girly personality. She loves dolls and coloring and M&M's. She runs like a girl. I routinely buy her dresses and adorable little outfits just because they are so darn cute. So a few weeks ago, when my aunt asked if she could buy Bear a Cinderella costume for Halloween and give it to her at her birthday party, I said absolutely.

And then Bear broke the news to me. This year, she's going trick-or-treating dressed as Spiderman.

8 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Oh that's funny

Carrie Penny said...

TOO CUTE!

Jennifer said...

Aw, but she'll be the cutest little Spiderman... :)

Robin said...

Very cute! One of my friends is 3 months pregnant and is exactly the opposite - convinced she's having a boy (and wants a girl.)

Lisa said...

Go BEAR! She will; be the beast Spidey ever!

Jill L said...

too funny!

Miss Me said...

thank you for a great laugh! i needed that. i'm sure it won't be the last surprise that bear gives you... kids are just like that.

ponyknit said...

hahaha I was an alien or something at her age. (Influenced by my brother) No worries, I was a princess the next year, minnie mouse the next ;)