Sunday, August 10, 2008

Tell me why anyone knits lace again

I have cast on Seascape four times and haven't yet gotten past the fourth row. I stopped watching the Olympics while trying to knit the lace patterns, I pause the Tivo for the lace rows and hit play for the purl only rows, but that didn't seem to help much. This yarn is so tiny I feel like I'm trying to knit with hair - which makes keeping my stitch count darn near impossible. Anyway... this is how it's going so far. How are you events going?

5 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Oh that Seascape is so wispy looking, yeah I can see your issues. Good luck with that, yikes. But it will be beautiful when done... make sure to use a lifeline.

Wow

Jill L said...

i feel youpain -- I have a lace scarf that has been hybernating of months!

Jennifer said...

Knitting lace makes my math brain feel good. It's like brain exercise. Plus it looks so pretty... I love this pattern, and will be making it soon.

Oh, thanks for your goofy college story! It sounded a bit too familiar... LOL

Miss Me said...

it's very affirming when someone gushes over the FO and you get to say "i made it". you DO NOT need to recount stories for frogging and restarting to strangers or other knitters who don't know you well.

JustApril said...

Well, I can tell you that those first several repeated rows of lace are the learning experience/curve thing that eventually gets you to the point that you can actually do it right. Something about repetition or something. Every lace project I start, I have to start over about 5 times until it finally clicks, then I get on a roll and actually accomplish some real lace =)