Friday, August 29, 2008

Summer of Yarn Love Revealed

My final swap package arrived, and all I can say is W-O-W!!! Carolyn did an amazing job. Here's the overview.

Louet Worsted, Malabrigo Worsted, Sour Patch Kids, A Day at the Beach in a box, stitch markers, and When Bad Things Happen to Good Knitters.


Can you see that Louet? Hand-dyed superwash in the most perfect fall colorway I have ever seen. And that blue yarn over there - that's my first Malabrigo. Ever. Ooooh I can't wait to play with it!!!

And all this new yarn? Just in time, since I promised Andrew no yarn, swaps, or ebay for the next two months - we bought Bear portraits today. SOOOOO darn cute. The portraits are on order but as soon as they come in I'll post 'em. (Check out tomorrow's post for a clue as to just how darn cute!)

5 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

I love the looks of the yarn and that book too. Can't wait to see the cute pictures.

CarolynEll said...

I'm so glad I can finally comment on your blog! :)

I'm also glad you love your yarn. I can't wait to see what you make with it...

Miss Me said...

nice package! looking forward to seeing the photos, but i don't think that i would ever promise no yarn... i know that i couldn't do it! let us know if you need emergency reinforcements. stashes can always be raided. : )

Carrie Penny said...

I had a swap buddy send me some Malabrigo, but I won't knit with it. She send some matching Malabrigo Angora to go with it and all I want to do is pet them. Once knitted they are gone and not pettable while looking in my stash cabinet, but as they are now, I can pet all day if I want to...

Lisa said...

Beautiful yarns! I have never had Malabrigo.....I am jealous but happy at the same time. I can't wait to see what both become!

I agree with Miss Me, that is a promise I'm not sure I could make either, so if you get week, let us know and I can raid the stash too!

Can't wait to see the sneak preview!