Wednesday, July 30, 2008

MIL Mittens


Pattern: House Mittens by Ruth Bendig
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool Merino - ~1 skein dark brown & ~1/4 skein tan
Size: one size
Begun: 12/07
Finished: 7/30/08

Notes
My MIL wanted a pair of plain color wool mittens with one stripe above the thumb, just like her grandmother used to make. Here they are. The pattern was very easy to follow, easily adjustable to fit a larger or smaller hand. It took me seven months to finish because I apparently suck at counting and suck even worse at taking accurate notes. Note to self, things in pairs should be knit at the same time. :-)

5 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

will those mittens felt when washed?

They look great, I like the stripe

Carrie Penny said...

You aren't alone with that one. I was making a pair of socks for my father alittle over a year ago and I didn't do a very good job on taking notes, next thing I know I can't even get the cuffs to match!

Jill L said...

I am making plain blue mittens. We'll be ready come winter! They look great and I'm sure your MIL will love them.

Alaina said...

They look great.

I also suck at counting rows...I can never get a totally "matched" set.

I love the brown and white...so classic looking ;)

Miss Me said...

lovely mittens! i'm sure that your mil will be pleased. my theory about pairs is a little different - they should be the same size and similar enough in every other aspect that you wouldn't pair them with something else in folding the laundry.