Friday, June 13, 2008

Jet Plane

I love that song. And if I could figure out how to make it play while you read this, I would. (I bet it's running through your head now, isn't it?)

Tomorrow afternoon, I leave for my first real business trip. And my first stretch of real time away from Bear ever. (Remember THE STORM?) I am both very excited to be going (all that uninterrupted knitting time on the plane!) and a bit apprehensive about navigating public transportation alone in a large & unfamiliar city.

I'm going to have a bit of "down" time while there, so I'm hoping to visit the National Zoo and maybe the Botanic Gardens. I'm bringing my camera (obviously) and hopefully I'll be able to update this site from the hotel.

Anyone know of any great local yarn shops? :-)

2 comments:

Wendy said...

YES!!! You can take the water taxi over to Alexandria and visit Knit Happens and Springwater. I'm sorry I won't be in the area this weekend or I would come join you.

Aunt Kathy said...

I love Jet Plane and I bet I hum or sing this at least once a month for no reason except I Like it. LOL

As for music on the blog, it is easy to do however I have forgotten already, lol. It's the heat.

Have a great trip, and looking forward to pictures.