Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Summer of Yarn Love Swap Questionnaire

Do you knit or crochet? How long have you been at your craft?
knit - I learned from my mom as a child and really picked it up with a vengeance about three years ago

Do you spin? What type of spinning?
no

What are your favorite yarns/fibers? What are your least favorite yarns/fibers?
I love bamboo blends and linen, I'm not fond of frilly eyelash yarns or acrylics in general

What are your favorite colors? What are your least favorite colors?
bright earth tones, like a bright fall day

Are there any yarns/brands that you are dying to work with but never have?
Hmm... I want to try Rowan's Calmer & maybe silk

What is/are your favorite types of projects to knit/crochet?
I like sweaters for my 2-year old and I've recently started a love affair with socks

What are you currently working on? Anything you plan to work on this summer?
Rowan Flame (the cowel neck) is about three rows in, I have a few (OK a lot) of projects that are languishing on the needles that I would love to finish this summer

What is your favorite FO? (Post a pic if you would like.)
I think the striped hooded pullover I made for Bear last summer

What is your oldest UFO?
we're going on 3, 4 years now

Are there any techniques that you want to learn?
I want to try entrelac, magic loop, and needle felting. And maybe knitting with wire but you have to use aluminum needles and the sound of all the metal scratching together would send me straight to the funny farm

Are you on Ravlery? What's your ID?
Meganlynn

Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. Size 8 (women's/USA), 9 1/2 inches long, 8 1/2 inches around

Do you collect anything?
nope. I hate dust collectors and generally toss as much as possible

Do you have a yarn winder and/or swift?
no but I am DYING for one!

Do you love sweets? What are your favorites?
fudge, sour patch kids

What are your favorite scents?
clean air, freshly mowed grass, the ocean

Where do you keep your needles/hooks?
My yarn is in the battleship of an ottoman that lives in my living room. My straight needles are in a cardboard wine bottle gift tube. My circular needles are in a cute little basket.

Do you have a wish list (Amazon, Etsy, etc?)
Amazon. Etsy has a wish list?! Where?

Having a birthday this summer?
No

Are you allergic to anything??? Please let your pal know!
No, I just really don't like cigarette smoke.

No comments: