Thursday, May 29, 2008

SP12

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like wool, linen, and bamboo. I'm not particularly fond of flashy acrylic yarn or 100% cotton (it has no give).

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
These...

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate, or advanced?
My mom taught me when I was in elementary school, but I've really been KNITTING for about 4 years now. I'd say I'm an intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

5. What's your favorite scent?
the ocean, freshly cut grass, spring rain

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Of course. Tootsie rolls, sour patch kids, fudge

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I don't really have the patience for spinning. I don't know if this is a Do-It-Yourself craft, but I like photography.

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
Country, classic rock, classical, jazz - just about anything except for rap

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love bright fall day colors and most blues & greens. I really don't like neon or most pastels.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
One husband, one two-year old, one part-time twelve year old, and two loud dogs

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Scarves, hats, and mittens. I have one poncho that I used when Bear was an infant and needed to nurse in public.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Sweaters for myself and Bear, hats, and I have recently started knitting socks.

13. What are you knitting right now?
Rowan Flame Cowl, a PIF gift, socks for Bear, a vest, and two tanks that have been languishing on the needles for quite some time now.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
Yes - as long as they have a purpose. I am not a "dust collector" kind of girl a toilet paper cozy would be a waste of my SP's time.

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Straight bamboo or addi turbo circulars. I cannot stand the scratching sound normal aluminum needles make together (I know, sacrilege, I'm sorry.)

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
3 years

18. What is your favorite holiday?
The 4th of July (LOVE the cookouts) and Christmas (LOVE the spirit of)

19. Is there anything that you collect?
Besides yarn? No.

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I would like my own copy of A Gathering of Lace one day, the local library is getting tired of wiping the drool of theirs. I do have my own subscription to Interweave Knits though.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I want to try entrelac, magic loop, and needle felting.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. Size 8 (women's/USA), 9 1/2 inches long, 8 1/2 inches around.

23. When is your birthday?
March 16th

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes. Meganlynn.

No comments: