Sunday, March 16, 2008

30

Today is the milestone birthday of all milestone birthdays. Officially too old to voluntarily tell people my age.


Hubby asked me what I wanted to do and really - I just wanted a relaxing day with him and Bear. No schedule, no plans, just go and do and come home as we saw fit. And that's exactly what we did. We went out for breakfast and then went to Target to pick up a few things. Then we pressed our luck and went to the local furniture store instead of home for Bear's nap. We've been talking about getting the ottoman to go with our living room set for a while now, so I wanted to stop by and see how much it cost before we made our decision. First they couldn't find it, then they told us the set had been discontinued, then I stumbled upon the set on the showroom floor and the ottoman was smaller and more expensive than we remembered it being. So we pushed our luck some more and browsed around. (Bear was, well, two and overtired, but not entirely a horror show.) We were able to wander around for almost an hour before it was TIME FOR BEARS NAP. We decided to make a quick stop to the clearance section in the basement (the sales lady told us they wouldn't be carrying baby furniture anymore so it was all in the basement on clearance) and struck gold. No, not baby furniture. A HUGE ottoman for a quarter of the price of the matching one. This one has wheels for easier moving AND it has storage in it! Of course, the thing is humongous. How many times have Andrew and I said to each other, "It didn't look that big in the showroom!" - you'd think we would have learned our lesson by now.


Anyway... here it is (with Bear for a little bit of scale).




Um, perhaps I should just knit from my stash for a while. And this isn't even all of it. Yikes.

10 comments:

KSee said...

What a find. Bet Bear fell right alseep as soon as you turned the engine on. Happy Birthday Megan.

Wendy said...

What a great way to spend a birthday... shopping for great finds and organizing yarn. Love that!
Happy birthday!

Dana said...

Happy birthday Megan! Your ottoman looks great- we could all use a bit more yarn storage! :)

Carrie Penny said...

Hey it looks great in the living room though! And how many knitters would love having yarn in their living rooms (not just laying around)? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Jen said...

HOLY CRAP! That is ENORMOUS! Did you drive it home from the store-- it must be the size of my old mini cooper.

Happy 30th Lady. You aren't too old for anything.

Anonymous said...

Am I going to find the ottoman in my attic ?

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday! Thirty is really not that bad. I think it made me feel more like a grownup, but in a good way...

What an adorable stashholder! lol

Alaina said...

Sorry this is late...

Happy Birthday!!!

Sounds like you had an awesome day...and ...thirty is NOT old!!!!

Joan said...

Happy Birthday! I love the big ottoman and in RED! Awesome. And all that yarn storage. :-D

Lisa said...

Happy Belated Borthday! Spring Break has had me away from the blog world too long.

I love the birthday non-plan. The ottoman is great! I love the stash storage idea....Think that Wifey would go for it?