Sunday, February 3, 2008

Back to School U-Neck Vest

Finished!

I started this puppy back in October when the Red Sox were nail-bitingly close to giving it all away. And I finish it as I watch Tom Brady and the Patriots screw up their perfect season. Now, as heartbreaking as tonight's game was, tonight's local news is so pathetic it's almost funny. The newscasters (all men) look as though someone just ate their puppies. And they sound as though they've been run over by several 18-wheelers.

Moving on to a happier subject.

Picture taken by Matt using my cell phone in our cinderblock office.

Pattern: Back to School U-Neck Vest from Fitted Knits
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers 9458 Vachon Island Heather
Begun: 10/07
Finished: 2/3/08

Notes: LOVE this pattern. LOVE the way it looks. I added some short rows right above the front dart shaping. Next time I make this (there will most definately be a next time) I will NOT bind off the shoulders and then have to seam them. I think it makes more sense to just put them on a stitch holder and 3-needle bind off.

4 comments:

Joan said...

I am not a football fan at all but the minute I heard the recent news stories about the Pats secretly recording signals etc of other teams, I knew that karma was going to bite them in the big game. Didn't see it but hope it wasn't too heartbreaking. ;-{

Lisa said...

joan - is was only heart-breaking to the Pat's fans....I was in heaven. I had picked the underdogs on purpose! And, you are right, KARMA.

The vest looks great. I have been waiting to see the FO and now I am curious enough to put it in my Ravelry queue....

JustApril said...

It's WAY cute! I love the 3 needle bind off, too, works perfect. The game was awesome.

KSee said...

love the sweater. maybe one day I'll make a real garment. Great picture