Thursday, January 10, 2008

Everything but the Kitchen Sink

OK - so this is going to be a long post for a couple of reasons, mainly because I have some crazy self-imposed restriction against posting more than once a day and I have a lot to blog about.

THIS WEEK
I hesitate to post this, anticipating well-meaning misguided advice, but I could use the support. We've had a bit of a traumatic week - I won't go into all the gory details but one of our dogs got poked in the eye by the two-year-old, snapped and bit Bear, and has her doggy-lucky stars (and the pediatrician) to thank that she is not a shelter dog today. But after buckets of tears and a magical meeting with a professional dog trainer life here is returning back to normal.

HOT CHOCOLATE SWAP
Cocoa
1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug?
Godiva milk chocolate powder with warm skim milk in a large steaming cup

2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?
Marshmallows - lots of them

Yarn/Knitting/Crochet
1. What is your favorite type of yarn? In what colors?
Wool and warm woolly blends in rich fall colors

2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)?
Knit

3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new?
Addi Turbo's and really good bamboo

4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions?
Yes

5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)?
Knitter's Handy Guide to Yarn Requirements by Ann Budd

6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification)
baby hats

Miscellaneous
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter?
Snuggle under the blankets and watch movies

2. What is your favorite animal?
Elephants

3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'?
Yup

4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?
Power yoga

5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring?
Walks during lunchtime in the warm sunshine

6. What are your favorite treat?
Sour Patch Kids and Tootsie Rolls

7. What is your favorite board game?
Monopoly

8. Do you have any children (furry or human)?
One full time human, one part time human, and two furry

9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about?
No allergies, no special considerations that I can think of right now


WIP's
We borrowed my MIL's camera for the week. Yeah!!!

Piggle #1

MIL's mitten


Swatching SITMT socks



SITMT QUESTIONS
My swap partner would like to know what my foot measurements are...
Length: 9 1/4 inches
Circumference at widest part: 8 1/2 inches
Circumference just above ankle: 8 inches
Circumference at widest part of calf: 14 1/2 inches

6 comments:

CynicalKnitter said...

Ooh, that hot cocoa sounds yummy!

Nice knits!

And, holy cow about the dog. Glad things are getting to a manageable place.

Cass said...

Yikes! I'm glad to hear you still have your dog. Poor Bear! (Poor Momma!)

Miss Me said...

things happen. so long as everyone is okay (although probably a little bit shaken), it's all good.

Lisa said...

Okay, agreeing with Cynical and MissMe about the dog and Bear. I know that all of you will work it out without our "assistance".

LOVE the hot cocoa! I missed signing up for that swap so I will have to live vicariously through you.....

The WIP's look great! What sock pattern are you using for your SITMT pal?

And thanks for posting the foot measurements. They might come in handy for a Pay-It-Forward gift that I owe you.....

chanknits said...

No advice. Been there, done that, so to speak. Glad everything's sorting itself out.

Horse 'n' Round said...

Yeah, no advice from me, either. I was about 6 when I bugged my grandmother's poodle into biting me on the lip. No scars, physical or emotional. Glad everyone is OK and at home!

Love the Piggle pattern. Very cute!

Good luck with your resolutions, too. I know you can do it!