Monday, January 7, 2008

168

So after a year of tracking my weight and calories (sporadically obviously) I have a net weight loss of 4.5 pounds. I now have a much greater empathy for my patients, especially my bariatric patients. I have roughly 40 pounds to lose. I cannot imagine looking down from the far end of 100 or more pounds.

This year I have high hopes for success. I've been eating well - last night I made some fabulous chicken and multi grain pilaf (see new links under my favorite recipes) and I've been going to the gym regularly since I now have friends to workout with.

I'm going to return to weekly Monday weight posts - I think it kept me honest - including my average daily calories and workout summery. Hopefully, the numbers will start moving - specifically in a downward direction :-).

10 comments:

Lisa said...

Not to fret. The holidays are hard for every one to maintain weight loss goals. I had lost 19 prior to Turkey Day. I was able to only gain 5 back in November and December, but I still have 20 to go by July. I will cheer for you if you cheer for me! Together we can do it!

Dana said...

Good luck with the weight loss, Megan. I'm rooting for you! :)

Moonlit Goddess said...

Megan, I know how hard it is to loose weight. I have been struggling for years. But hang in there. It can be done. I have lost 24 lbs since Oct 22. Check this book out The cardio-Free diet by Jim Karas. You can read about my success on my blog www.moonlightserenade971.blogspot.com
Sandy

KSee said...

hey, 4 lb is great! Keep up the good work.

SITMT pal said...

Good luck! I know how hard it is to lose weight. I've been on Weight Watchers for about a year and a half and I've lost 28 lbs and have gained back 12. I'm trying to recommit myself, but it's so hard. Working out doesn't seem to make much of a difference in the weight loss efforts for me. Maybe I'm working out in the wrong way.

SITMT pal said...

Good luck! I know how hard it is to lose weight. I've been on Weight Watchers for about a year and a half and I've lost 28 lbs and have gained back 12. I'm trying to recommit myself, but it's so hard. Working out doesn't seem to make much of a difference in the weight loss efforts for me. Maybe I'm working out in the wrong way.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the weight loss, you're doing great and I'm sure the new year will be a good year for you! You're already off to a great start since you've joined the Hot Cocoa Swap...I'm your swap partner by the way, nice to meet you!

Diane said...

How come it isn't as much fun to take off the weight as it is to put it on?

You can do it!

Jill said...

You have a great start -- keep it up!

Joan said...

I watched Tom Hanks on the David Letterman show the other night and he looked so good, which is not always the case with him. He said that for 2008, he was "taking care of the temple", i.e, the body. Also, another resolution was to work out vigorously for 1 hour 300 days in 2008. Not counting x# of days per week, just one total goal which allows for vacations and illnesses with no guilt. I loved that!