Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Update

Bear is still sick. :-(

It's a virus so there is nothing that I can do for her except the cursory basics - fluids, Tylenol, comfort, etc. It's heartbreaking to hear her little cough all night and be helpless to make it better.

I have been getting a lot of knitting done though, as I watch my summer vacation hours tick away. Whatever.

My SITMT pal has asked for a photo essay of what kinds of shoes I like to wear. I thought I would get to that today, but alas, it might have to wait (sorry pal). I am especially sorry because my first SITMT package arrived today. Look!


It's not a great picture but it IS a great package. Two skeins of Knit Picks Simple Stripes in a yellow-orange colorway PLUS two sock patterns. A set of size 7 double-pointed Crystal Palace bamboo needles, two post-it notepads (more excited about these than I should be - my boss' boss banned post-its at work so we have to smuggle in our own), some highlighter tape (so cool!), two pens, scissors, and Rudolph stickers for Bear. All in a fun snowman lunchbox.

Tomorrows post... shoes and some FO's. Stay tuned. :-)

P.S. Check this out. A hot cocoa swap - now that's what I'm talking about!

4 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

Poor Bear. Hopefully she will start to feel better soon.

Nice package.

Miss Me said...

poor bear - but what a nice package! i understand the whole post it thing... and highlighter TAPE? WOW! i'll have to see if i can get that up here in canada...

Jennifer said...

Oh no! Poor baby. I hope she feels better soon. I believe I see the Rainbow Socks pattern there in your package... What a fun knit that was!

Lisa said...

Poor Bear! I know what the two of you are going through.

The SITMT package looks great! I still haven't heard from my upstream pal yet :( but I have been in contact with the downstream one. You will have to post about how you like/dislike the patterns so we can share you expertise!

Thanks for the Hot Chocolate swap....I couldn't resist....