Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sick

Bear is sick. She has a runny nose and a bad cough and a scratchy throat and a pathetic little disposition to go with it all (see Exhibit A).

And while I wish Bear could be her bubbly self every day of the year, I have to admit that I've almost enjoyed she cuddly, snugly Bear that she is when she is sick. Last night she slept wedged in between my husband and I, her chubby little fingers wrapped around mine.

You know, until the coughing started up again and of course she had taken the very last drop of last winters cough syrup before bed so I had to get up and go to the drug store in the freezing cold at 4am. But they were out of cough syrup, and the grocery store was closed (the only 7 hours it closes all freakin' week), so I ended up going to a second drug store - but not before I had to put gas in hubby's car (in the freezing cold).

But then, she curled up on the couch with me under the blankets and fell asleep watching Toy Story.

7 comments:

CynicalGal said...

Poor little darling! Hot apple juice or cider is a great cure-all.

Miss Me said...

poor bear... i hope she feels better soon, but the plus side has to be the cuddles for mom. i LOVE that, too!

Lisa said...

Poor Bear. I hope she is feeling better now and that mama is not getting sick from all the bustling about in the freezing weather....

~Tonia~ said...

They are always so cuddly when they aren't feeling well. I hope that she is feeling better. Though the cuddling is nice, I alsways hat it when James is sick.

Dana said...

I hope she gets well soon! Positive thoughts going out to you guys.

Carrie Penny said...

Poor thing! But when she is older you will be longing for these days again when she would curl up with mommy to take care of her!!! I know my mom still does!

Joan said...

Aw jeez, what a heartwrenching picture!