Sunday, November 25, 2007

The Reveal

Late (very late) yesterday afternoon my mailman dropped off my last SP11 package. Inside the priority mail box were five individual brightly wrapped gifts with silver-penned messages on them. I was too impatient to find the camera before ripping into them, so you'll have to use your imagination. But the gifts were spectacular. Dana truly outdid herself.

The scarf is green, lacy, and super soft. The little yellow spot in the middle is Bee Bar hand and body lotion. It's perfect - shea butter, jojoba, beeswax, lanolin, cocoa butter, sweet almond oil, and vitamin E. Yum. Inside the blue and white bag is Aveeno moisturizing soap - and I love the washcloth bag. AND some pink louet Gems yarn with two patterns. I've also been scoping out the possibilities on Ravelry. Now, Dana, I have a question - what are these two mesh thingies you sent with the tape measure? I can't quite figure them out. (I forgot to put the tape measure and mesh thingies in the picture - oops!) All, in all, I have LOVED this swap - both the giving and receiving.

Now, my SITMT spoiler would like to know if I were a cartoon character who I would be and why? I've been thinking about this all day - I've even taken the two quizzes google found for me (which told me I was goofy and tweety bird respectively) but I think I might be my favorite cartoon character Arthur - I have a solid group of friends that I've known forever, love the library, get a little single minded about my hobbies and favorite TV shows, want to do the right thing, but am sometimes unsure of myself. She (and I'm assuming my pal is a she) also asked what season I am and why? I think I'm spring - I want to be warm and sunny, but sometimes the storms just can't be stopped. Hope that helps.

6 comments:

CynicalKnitter said...

Nice stuff! I can completely understand not wanting to wait to find the camera :)

Dana said...

Megan I am so glad that you enjoyed everything that I sent! It has been a great pleasure spoiling you. :) The two mesh thingies are yarn bras- anytime you knit from a skein you can slip on over it, so that it doesn't come apart as you get past the point where half of it is gone (it's a pet peeve of mine, LOL). And I'm sure the reason that the tape measure didn't get into the pic is because Bear had it, right? :) Take care, and I'll talk to you soon!

Dana (SP)

NH Knitting Mama said...

Nice stuff! Hope you had a great weekend.

Lisa said...

Great haul! No wonder you couldn't wait! What pattern(s) did you find for the Louet's? I have a skein and I am at a total loss.

~Tonia~ said...

What a lovely package. Seems like she knew you well.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting your thoughts. Interesting thoughts for your package are swimming around already.

A few more for ya:

Do you preferance solid or varigated yarns?

List 3 patterns that you've always wanted to try but haven't gotten around to yet.
List 3 sock patterns that you're currently drooling over.

SITMT pal