Thursday, November 15, 2007

Gift knitting

makes for boring blogging.

And I know, I said I wasn't going to do it this year, but really, you're all invited to my house for wine and cookies Christmas Eve for the annual knit until dawn fest.

I did finally break out the Back to School vest again last night - I knit through new episodes of America's Next Top Model, Forensic Files, and Project Runway. I think I might be able to wear it by Thanksgiving. Tonight, I'm supposed to go to a friend's house for Grey's Anatomy but I forgot my knitting at home. So, I could leave work early (came in two hours late today, probably not the best choice), skip the gym (not happening), go home and get my knitting (um...) or buy some new yarn and needles on the way over.

Now, the obvious choice is to just pick up some yarn and needles on the way over but I made my husband a promise a few weeks ago that since we both want another baby next year, I would not buy any more yarn or shop on ebay until at least March (my birthday). He'd never notice more yarn in the house, but I am SUCH a crappy liar I'd give myself away in minutes. Ah, what to do...

6 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

I say go home and get your knitting. This way you will have a clear conscience.

Lisa said...

I'm with Tonia. So, you came in a little late....I'm sure that you have put in long hours before and it's a wash....

NH Knitting Mama said...

Stay stong - go pick up your knitting. When you're holding your new baby someday, it will be worth it!

Miss Me said...

everyone else is a better influence than i am - i would have gone and bought more yarn and needles. post directions for the party. i'll bring extra wine. after enough wine, we won't care about the sorry state of the finished product...

CynicalGal said...

Umm, err, ehh, shoot, I better go and knit too...

Anonymous said...

This here is your Sock It To Me Twice secret pal peekin' in on ya. Just know I'll be watchin' your every move. I'll also be checkin' in wit ya to ask ya some questions very soon.