Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Running

This past weekend I decided to take up running again. I ran track in high school but besides train stops and rain storms I can't say I've done any running the past 6-7 years. Yeah, I can't seem to remember what was so great about track. Something about a 21-year-old weight coach - pretty irrelevant now. The only time my weight has been where I am happy with it (well, since I was 17) has been when I was running. But guess what, I am already sleeping better and dealing better - oh yeah, maybe that was what was so great about running. Though I think at 17 the weight coach held more appeal.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I think that the weight coach had a lot to do with track in high school. I ran also. I'm older than you, did you have the metric system in place? I an the "old 440". One lap around the track at a full out sprint.

Make you taht you are stretching out good before and after. You don't want shin splints.....

NH Knitting Mama said...

I'm glad you continue to stay determined to get in shape.

Nice pic of the Prud.

ponyknit said...

Good for you! I miss running, I used to do track also.

AWESOME pic, GO SOX!