Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Catching Up - Part Two

So Bear went to bed at eight last night (an hour late) and woke up at midnight - hungry and ready to party. We got her back to bed at one and heard a very chipper "Hi Daddy" at 5:30 this morning. I think this is her not-so-subtle "No Siblings for Me" plan.

So... this is what I came home to yesterday


Got to love ebay. And swaps.

My SP11 partner outdid herself knitting up all my presents. Calorimetry in her own hand-dyed, a pair of twisted rib fingerless gloves, and a cupcake for Bear. She also included a skein of her own peachy keen hand dyed, two sets of stitch markers, and some Studio 18 knitting note cards.

I love calorimetry! It's been on my list of things to make for myself since I first saw it. I wore it last night to pick up my mother-in-law and today to work. Love it!

[Insert picture of me wearing Calorimetry here]


And today, my SITM package arrived. The socks are a warm squash color that will photograph much better in the natural light of the sun. I am wearing them to work tomorrow. Melanie did a fabulous job - the color is fantastic and they fit perfectly. She also sent a key chain sock blocker with a mini sock pattern and blue wool yarn, Mary Engelbreit stickers, stitch holders, and some absolutely amazing Alchemy Bamboo yarn. Soft, shiny, and the perfect color blend - Forest Waltz. Mmmmmmm.






AND I finished my first ever pair of socks for my SITM partner. Now super-secret partner, don't look any further, because I am going to show everyone else your socks. (And look everyone else! They're the same size & length! They match!)


6 comments:

Carrie Penny said...

OH! Great gifties! Great job on the socks!

NH Knitting Mama said...

Wonderful! Great swap gifts, and your socks are wonderful.

Lisa said...

Super Secret Sock Pal, do not worry. I did not look down past the socks from Melanie. They look fab! All of the goodies look so great!

Laurie said...

Wow- packages sure do brighten a day don't they? Congrats on the socks they look great! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the link to Joan's blog for the slipper bottoms! My google search never picked up the plastic grip and I thought I'd have to order a 1/2 gallon of liquid latex. Off to home depot this weekend.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you liked your box! *beams* Does Bear like the cupcake? She'll definitely be getting another gift in the next box- I've already started on it. :)

-SP

Melanie said...

I'm so glad you like the socks and other goodies. I realy glad they fit. I love this pattern as I matter of fact they are on my to do list for me.