Thursday, October 11, 2007

Catching Up - Part 1

I wish I could say that there's been some life altering event (winning the lottery perhaps?) that has kept me from blogging for a week. No, just Bear refusing to go to bed. Not putting up a fight or giving us a hard time, but flat out refusing to go to bed. She giggles, smiles, snuggles, pulls out her new found vocabulary, etc. etc. We put her in her crib and she just yells "Mama, Daddy, Mama, Daddy!" It's like if she doesn't acknowledge that it's bedtime we can't actually put her to bed and I am just plain exhausted.

So here is me posting all of the Fall Into Autumn Dishcloth Swap topics. Well, almost all, the flash my accessories (and the flash my stash for SP11) will have to wait until tomorrow.

1. Now that in some geographic locations the weather is starting to turn cooler, do you change the type of yarn(s) you knit/crochet with? If so, what do you now knit/crochet with instead and why? If not, why do you not switch and what do you knit/crochet with?

Not intentionally, but I tend to start working on more sweaters and hats and start pushing the summer tanks and stuff towards the bottom of the WIP pile.

2. When you knit or crochet dishclothes, washclothes or face clothes, what do you use? What size needle or hook? Wood? what type? Metal? Plastic? A specific Brand? Why do you love that needle or hook so much? Is there one you are dying to try? Is there a particular yarn you love and use all the time for clothes? What is so special about it?

When I knit dishcloths I use wooden needles and Lion cotton, though I am looking forward to trying out some of the new organic cottons. I like wood because it seems “warmer” than metal or plastic. I don’t use metal because I can’t stand the clinking sound they make when the knock together. As for clothes, I don’t have a particular favorite – I really like Rowan Linen Drape but it’s not very practical for fall and winter. I like Cascade 220, Wool Bamboo, Alpaca, just about anything.

3. Autumn has now officially begun here in the States!! What is your favorite thing about Autumn/Fall? Why?

There’s a lot I really love about fall. I like the pretty trees and leaves. I like that crispness to the air. I like snuggling with my husband and daughter on cold, rainy afternoons. I love the smell of apples and pumpkin and spice.

4. How about you? Are there any recipes you especially enjoy having in the Fall? Any foods that are seasonal that you especially enjoy?

I like being able to break out the crock pot and make all those great stew-y recipes that make the house smell wonderful when you come home from work. One of my favorite recipes for breakfast is squash pancakes and they just taste better in the fall.

3 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

I can sympathize. We went through sleeping issues for such a long time! It WILL get better. Hang in there.

Lisa said...

I fell all of your pain. It does get better and then menopause kicks in and you can't slepp but it is because of night sweats. I'll help you through that in a lot more years.

I love th sound of the pancakes. Do you have a recipe that you can share?

Miss Me said...

i'm with lisa re: the recipe - sounds yummy! share?
maybe you're getting through all of the sleep issues now? older son in particular was "a sleeper". he started sleeping through at 5 weeks and i never looked back. now, at 11, things are changeing... now i'm getting the refusals to go to bed. the jury is out on which is worse - a defiant 2 year old or a defiant 11 year old - but i still love being mom!