Sunday, September 9, 2007

Wasting Away in Margaritaville

Last night was the Jimmy Buffet concert. He plays around here around the same time every year, basically marking the end of summer for New England. Yesterdays show was at Gillette Stadium (home of the New England Patriots) which is WAY bigger than where he usually plays/ The upside being it was probably easier to get tickets (it's always a sold out show) the downside being the tickets we did get where about three feet from the stratosphere and the ECHO was HORRIBLE. Eventually we wandered back down to earth and hung out on the bridge above the front entrance. Better acoustics and plenty of room to dance.



The main attraction of the show is, of course, the parking lot - where I had too many jello shots and who knows what else on every shot luge I passed. Being an experienced parrot head, I knew to bring extra jello shots (which I managed to trade for American cheese and a salt shaker, important things we forgot at home). I also brought toilet paper for the porta-potties, they run out quick. You'd be amazed at what people will do for toilet paper.

I forgot my camera at home, so these are parking lot shots from my mom's camera. We didn't have it when we passed the yellow cooler/motorized scooter (add that to my Christmas list!). I did however, manage a shot of the man dressed as a keg and the man giving away free mammograms.

Except for the hangover, I can't wait for next year!



1 comment:

NH Knitting Mama said...

So THAT's why Jimmy wasn't in Key West when we visited a couple days ago!

Glad you had a good time!