Sunday, September 30, 2007

Two-Toned Ribbed Shrug



Pattern: Two-Toned Ribbed Shrug from Fitted Knits
Yarn: Roughly 4 balls Classic Elite Beatrice in Autumn Highlands for the body and 1.07 (I weighed the second ball when I was done) skeins Louet Riverstone in Citrus Orange
Size: 15"
Begun: late July
Finished: 9/30/07

Notes
I LOVE the way this (finally) looks. It's a bit smaller than I had imagined - not fit wise, but length wise - it barely covers the top 1/4 of my back & the arms are definitely not as long on me as they are on the model in the book. It is fitted, but very comfy. I really wanted to do something great for fall with the Beatrice yarn and I think this is it. Because of the yarn substitution, I ended up knitting on size 2's to get the right gauge. I also had to frog the whole thing after sewing up one arm, so it took a lot longer to knit than anticipated. All in all, I give this two needles up. :-)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the colors! It looks really noce and the notes will help me when I make myself one for work. Now if I could only wear more of the traditional fall colors....drat this blue undertone to my skin....

NH Knitting Mama said...

That is beautiful! I have that book but didn't even notice that pattern. Very nice job.

Miss Me said...

it was definitely worth the frogging. it looks GREAT!

Anonymous said...

It looks great, Megan!

And... I hope you enjoyed your card, and are having a GREAT week so far! :)

-SP