Thursday, September 27, 2007

Apologies

So first off, let me apologize for having to add the "type in this nonsense word" thing to my comments. I've started getting spam comments - which I guess is sign that I'm moving up in the blog world - but I'd like to prevent the spam if I could.

Secondly, I know I haven't been posting much these past couple weeks. I just haven't had it in me. A very good friend of a very good friend was diagnosed with cancer two weeks ago and passed away suddenly on Monday. I knew this woman peripherally - we worked a part time job together in college and she was very involved with my dad's boy scout troop - but I am still deeply saddened by her death. My friend is beside herself with grief and there is absolutely nothing I can do to make things better.

Her services will be this weekend, hopefully that will start the healing process for everyone.

Terri Ficca

6 comments:

Laurie said...

So sorry to hear that! I'm glad your friend has a friend like you to lean on during this rough time.

Lisa said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. These events are so devastating to everyone on so many levels. It is good that you can help your friend and that she in turn can help you.

NH Knitting Mama said...

Aw, Megan - I'm sorry.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry too, Megan. My thoughts will be with you and your friend.

-your SP

Miss Me said...

you and your friend are in my thoughts.

Joan said...

Oh that is so sad. Life is so darn fleeting.