Thursday, September 13, 2007

The Downside of Losing Weight


Ah, the fruits of my labor. Nothing better than knitting feverishly all night on a WIP that I'm just dying to wear only to discover that along with pounds, I have dropped inches. Should be obvious I know, but it I was stupified, well, maybe, somewhat suprised when the tape measure stopped at a number 5 inches lower than before! That would explain why the sleeves were practically pants. Luckily for me this thing is knit top down with raglan sleeves so every size starts with the same number of stitches and just increases to a different number. I ended up frogging both sleeves (with ribbing) & 14 rows of the back. Ugh. I started on the sleeves (again) but I just didn't have the stomach to tackle the whole thing (again) last night. Maybe by the end of the weekend.

8 comments:

ponyknit said...

YAY! Who used to say it's not pounds it's inches?
Can't wait to see the FO!
Thanks for writing about the concert!

Lisa said...

It's all going to be worth it!

Congrats on the victory, even though you had to frog a bit. The better shape will compliment the new you!

KimT said...

looking forward to seeing the FO. Sorry you had to frog, but happy for your progress on weight loss.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on you sucess with your wieght loss. All theat frogging will be worth it!

Love the colors -- perfect for Fall.

Your Fall into Autumn Dishcloth Partner

NH Knitting Mama said...

I don't think you should be discouraged at all! Think of it like this: it will take less time to knit it up to your size! You're doing so great with losing the weight, my friend! Congrats!

Carrie Penny said...

We need a "touchdown" dance for this. I am down 22 lbs since June just watching what I eat and excersizing mildly.... So lets shake it and throw down!

Alaina said...

Congrats on the weight loss...It's a good thing...despite the frogging...

Happy Knitting

Kaylee said...

Congratulations! I always take measurements as well as watching the pounds... the inches just seem more significant than a pound or two at a time.