Tuesday, August 21, 2007

While knitting at 75mph

1. My Ravelry invite arrived

2. And so did this awesome KVVS package from Jennifer

Pictures taken by her talented photographer husband, delish tar heel cookies, Lingdonberry soap from a local farmers market, Cascade 220 to make this, from Charmed Knits (off my wish list no less) and some strawberry candies. Thanks so much Jennifer!! This made the 12-hour ride home totally worth it!

3. I found Mom's camera!!!!!!!!!!!

4. I accomplished this...

The humble beginnings of my first ever sock for my SITM pal.

A good chunk of the Two-Toned Ribbed Shrug. I'm going to have to rethink the ribbing color - it just seems too bright.

Just about finished the Debbie Bliss Hooded pullover (Bear might even get to wear it once before she outgrows it!) Notice the uneven sleeve on the right and the uneven body on the left. Yeah, reasons not to seam when you're tired, just to finish the damn thing.

4. Oh, and we managed some vacation fun while we were at it too

Bear, transfixed by Elmo! In the car!

Bear, in love with the sink.

2nd Fredrickson family reunion

5 comments:

Laurie said...

Nice package! And I think the orange will look great for the two-toned ribbing. It doesn't look bright on my moniter and it looks nice with the body of the sweater. You've gotten lots of knitting done lately, I've been lagging.

Carrie Penny said...

Awesome progress and really cool package. The colors of the shrug don't look bright on my computer either. I think it looks a bit more like a burnt orange... I like it!

Lisa said...

KVVS Package looks yummy. I like the burnt orange look to the shrug. It doesn't look too bright on my monitor either....I love the hoodie for bear, and you can "fix" the seams. The sock looks good. I love the pooling of the colors. Looks like you are using circular needles. You will have to let me know how you like them. I switched from DP's to circulars and socks get done a lot faster.

Glad that you had some fun on the vacation. Thanks for sharing.

Hurray on finding the camera!

NH Knitting Mama said...

Wow, great post! I'm glad you found the camera - what a relief!

Jennifer said...

I'm so glad you liked the package! (I'm always so worried people don't like gifts I give them...) Hermione's Cable & Bobble Hat is in progress here, actually--and also in orange, for a friend who's obsessed with orange.