Wednesday, August 8, 2007

SP11

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
This week? I like Cascade 220, Classic Elite Wool Bamboo, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Rowan Linen drape. I'm not especially fond of novelty yarns or cheap varigated yarn.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
These...


3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I've been knitting since I was 7 or 8 when I pestered my mom into teaching me. There was a big hiatus during the high school years. I would consider myself an advanced intermediate.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
yes

5. What's your favorite scent?
rain, freshly mowed grass, ocean

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
YES!! I love tootsie rolls & sour patch kids

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I've recently started making necklaces with beads and wire, I occasionally sew. I have never tried spinning (the knitting or the aerobic kind).

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
In the car I only listen to NPR or Kid's Stuff on Sirius. On my ipod, I listen to country, classic rock, classical - pretty much anything except techno & rap. And not gospel, I think that covers it.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I like blues and greens, but any sun-kissed earth tones work for me. I don't generally wear pastels myself and I hate neon colors.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
One 21-month old, one husband, one part-time 11 year old, and two very furry, loud dogs

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
scarves, hats, mittens - I've only worn a poncho when my daughter was wee little and needed to nurse in public

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
clothing for my daughter, sweaters and tops for myself, and more recently doll blankets and my first ever pair of socks for the sock swap (which, partner, if you're reading this, I hope you're either a) planning an amputation soon or b) not expecting those socks on time)

13. What are you knitting right now?
hooded sweater for Bear, three sleeveless tops for myself, a tank for a friend's birthday three years ago, socks for the swap

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
yes

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
depends on what I'm making - I like bamboo needles and Addi Turbo's best

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
sadly, no

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
do I have to admit to this? It must be the Honeymoon Cami that I've owed Jen for more than three years

18. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas and the 4th of July, Halloween now since Bear's birthday is the day before

19. Is there anything that you collect?
besides yarn and from the looks of my house dust bunnies? No, not really

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I stalk Linen Drape on ebay and of course, I would love the Rowan Magazine with the original Weasly sweater pattern in it. I really want to try those light-tipped needles - I wonder if they really are bright enough to knit in a dark car (or movie theater!!) I don't have any current knitting magazine subscriptions but I would like to get one to Interweave Knits.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I tend to learn new techniques as needed to make the things I think are pretty. I want to try a few patterns from Knitting Nature (I met Norah and have a signed copy of the book!!) so I'm sure I'll have a lot of learning to do with those.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I'm becoming a sock knitter, I think. Size 8 (women's/USA), 9 1/2 inches long, 8 1/2 inches around

23. When is your birthday?
March 16, 1978

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
You signed up on June 14, 2007
You are #9176 on the list.
1012 people are ahead of you in line.
14428 people are behind you in line.
34% of the list has been invited so far


Since I have spent the better part of two days hunting the blogosphere for virtual vacation swap scavenger clues, let me make it easy on the rest of you. I knit socks and I have two dogs. That's all you can use me for. Very sorry that my blog is not named Tangled Up in Monkeys and I don't live in the UK. Good luck to you all!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Thanks for sharing the additional "facts" that we missed in the SITM list....

Deb said...

VIRTUAL VACATION MEGAN, thanks for cruisin' my blog but please don't be jealous of my travels. The places we go are all within an hour or two from where we live so it's no big deal, believe me. ;o)

Have fun with SP11!

Miss Me said...

i gave up on the scavenger hunt... since i was away at the start, i knew that i wouldn't have enough time to find everyone. katie - who knits socks, lace, has a cat, would rather go to louisianna than hawaii and felts.

Joan said...

My gawd!! No swift or winder?? (shuddder) They changed my life.
;-}

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info, Megan! I really look forward to putting together some great packages for you. :)

-Your SP :)