Saturday, August 4, 2007

Harlet Woes

I am a dietitian. In the grand scheme of things, I am rarely one of the key players in a patients overall care. So was the case Thursday afternoon, when for over an hour I listened as a family and the more case-pertinent medical professionals had this conversation.

Doctor: Well, we can do A or B for your dad.

Family: A's not working.

Doctor: Agreed, so we should proceed with B.

Family: We don't like B, what are our other options.

Repeat.

This, in addition to the prepping for the meeting & discussing the outcome with my boss, made it impossible to leave early and in fact, necessitated me going in on my day off to catch up. Thus, I would have gotten to Borders just in time to see the Harlet wave goodbye on her way out of the parking lot.

Halifax, Nova Scotia is only 12 hours away...

5 comments:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Aw, I'm sorry! I understand your disappointment, though. Maybe you and I can go to the next one!

Cass said...

That just sux! :(

Laurie said...

Megan- I got my prize today! Love it!!! Thanks so much! I put a picture up on my blog
Laurie's Blog

Lisa said...

Okay, that settels it. Pack the bags, leave the baby with trusted person in charge and come to Houston for her visit here. It is September 18th! There's always room for knitters.....

Miss Me said...

that is really, really, REALLY SUCKY! i saw her in halifax and she was great... (sorry...) i'd take lisa up on her offer if i was you! ; )