Friday, August 31, 2007

Debbie Bliss Hooded Striped Top


Pattern: Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino
Yarn: Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino, 3 skeins each color 340600 dusty pink & 100 white
Buttons: ? my receipt just says "buttons" purchased here on the way home from PA a few weeks back, they're pewter looking plastic turtles
Size: 12-18 months
Begun: 2/5/06
Finished: 8/31/07

Notes
Because of my own impatience, I started this adorable sweater immediately after buying the yarn at the fabulous Superbowl Sunday sale at my LYS (read: no gauge swatch) only to discover that my gauge was 1/2" wide, thus resulting in a back that was roughly 3 1/2" too wide. The sweater returned to ball form and stayed that way until I picked it back up this summer determined to put a sizeable dent in my WIP's list. (Score so far: Megan 3, WIP 4) Since I'm still impatient I didn't go down a needle size for the ribbing (yarn shops are never open when you really need them, like 3am). The pattern size is labeled 12-18 months, but the finished measurements are actually slightly larger than Bear's sweatshirt (size 2T) that I just compared the FO to since Bear is sleeping. Action shots to follow once it cools down a little.

7 comments:

Carrie Penny said...

How cute!!!

NH Knitting Mama said...

I think it's adorable!

Jennifer said...

Precious! And luxurious. :) And how nice to get something out of WIP purgatory...

KSee said...

Can't wait until it is cooler for Bear to wear. Feels good to add to the FO's.

Anonymous said...

That's an awesome knit! Can't wait to see pics of Bear modeling it. :)

-your SP

Laurie said...

Very cute! Love the stripes. There shouls be 24 hour yarn shops open JUST for that reason. I've had to improvise with various sized needles over the year.

Joan said...

Wow, all those stripes! You're a patient gal.;-p