WARNING: DO NOT read the SECOND PARAGRAPH if you have not finished BOOK 7!
I finally finished The Deathly Hallows last night. It has NEVER taken me this long to read a book (well, I take that back, I never did finish Othello in high school). It was a combination of a) wanting to savor every single syllable of this last volume and b) having a toddler who can't understand why mommy would want to read a book with so many words and no pictures. I finally had to give up reading and simply listen to the CD's while building Lego towers.
I have no idea what the world is saying about the book (or anything else for that matter) having cut myself off from reality this past week. I had taken the week off from work and loaded myself up with Netflix and knitting to pass the non-Harry time. For what it's worth, I am satisfied with the ending. I suppose it would have been too happily-ever-after for Dumbledore to really be alive, or for all of the characters I have grown to love to survive to the end (RIP Hedwig, Fred, & Dobby). I LOVED the epilogue. I needed that, knowing that everyone is OK and He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named hasn't risen again.
So, here's what else I accomplished this past week...
- Watched Hotel Rwanda, Fun with Dick and Jane, Murder on a Sunday Morning, and Little Miss Sunshine.
- Flunked out of Stashalong - it couldn't be helped. A LYS is closing one of it's stores and everything is on sale. I got these yarns for $1.50/ball and these yarns for 40% off. And I plan on going back.
- Learned how to knit socks on two circular needles thanks to my Super Sock Pal and the friendly people at my LYS.
- Received my fabulous Dishcloth Swap package from Barbara - I will post the pictures I took as soon as I figure out where Bear put the camera.
- Finished the front, back, and 99% of one sleeve of the Debbie Bliss Striped Hooded Pullover.
- Started the Two Toned Ribbed Shrug from Fitted Knits and had to frog the whole thing when I tried (unsuccessfully) to fix an unwanted extra stitch.
- Wandered around Ocean State Job Lot for an hour, because I could.
- Ate breakfast by myself, without sharing my pancakes or bacon with someone who cannot even ask properly yet - she usually just points and yells.
- Went to Newport's Brick Market Place on a Saturday during tourist season - dumb, dumb, dumb.
- Peeled about 100 stickers off my belly - someone taught Bear that stickers go on bellies, that person better hope I don't find them.
That about summarizes my week. I'm going to try to catch up on everyone else's week during nap time.