Monday, July 16, 2007

Sock Swap Swag

Today's regular Monday post about my pathetic attempts to lose weight will be here tomorrow. Instead, look what came in the mail today!!

This book about knitting socks with two circular needles, this sock yarn, and two (very nice!) 3mm needles. I am sooooo excited. If it weren't already 10:30pm and if a very grumpy toddler had let me sleep past 4am this morning I might just start swatching right now. But really, what use is a swatch with 14 dropped stitches?

4 comments:

Carrie Penny said...

Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I love that book, I want to look through it at some point (if our book stores ever start carrying real knitting books) and see if I could knit toe up. I need baby directions...

Alaina said...

Have you knit socks using circs before? I am really interested in knowing how to do it - but am chicken to take the plunge...

Let me know what you think of the book, directions and patterns...maybe I'll order it for myself....

Lisa said...

You will love working with two circulars! I have been using DPN's for what seems like hundreds of years and the conversion was hard, but I'm hooked!

I have made all of the patterns in that book, except the felted ones.

Good Luck, and keep us posted on what you think about circulars vs DPN's.

NH Knitting Mama said...

What a nice package! I bet it was hard to hold off starting them!