Saturday, July 14, 2007

Sock Pal, I love you

My upstream sock swap pal and I have been getting to know each other and I asked her (his?) advice about which yarn I should use for this first ever pair of socks I will be making. I told my pal that I was thinking of using Wick or Maisy yarn and Ann Bud's Handy Book of Knitting Patterns. I may have also mentioned something about how I would rather swallow dpn's whole than knit with them. This is my pal's response.

Now here is a laugh. I saw this maisy yarn on line and printed out the color
sheet, and took it into the yarn shop that I teach at, so that she could order
it. So I really don't know much about it or the other one either. I am getting
ready to send you a package that has a method book that you might like,
it's knitting socks on two circulars. I took a class from the author and
really enjoyed it but I have to confess I would rather knit my socks with
dpn's. I am also enclosing some needles, to try. I am also enclosing
some cascade fixation, I think it's very similar to the maisy
because it looks the same from the picture. I know the color isn't one of
your favorites but maybe your partner will like the color. I will send you some
later that is more your colors.

Your sock pal


So sorry to everyone else out there, because clearly, I was given the best sock pal ever.

1 comment:

NH Knitting Mama said...

Good for you! I'm glad you're having a great experience with your swap partner!

Have a great weekend - what is left of it.