Sunday, July 8, 2007

Do you know enough about me yet?

1. What are your foot measurements? Size 8 (women's/USA), 9 1/2 inches long, 8 1/2 inches around
2. How long have you been knitting? roughly 20 years
3. How would you rate your experience? Intermediate
4. What is your favorite color? bright earth tones, yellow, orange, sun-kissed colors
5. Your least favorite color? anything neon or pastel
6. Do you have a favorite fiber? What type? I like natural fibers, bamboo, wool, alpaca
7. Do you have any allergies to certain fibers? no
8. Do you have an Amazon, or other type of, wish list? yes
9. What techniques, if any, would you like to learn? Socks, this will be my first pair
10. Do you have a sweet tooth? yes
11. What are your favorite snacks? I'm a dietitian, so I try to keep it healthy but I'm a sucker for sour patch kids and tootsie rolls
12. What is your family situation? 1 husband, 1 20 month old, 1 part-time 11 year old, and two loud hairy dogs
13. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Metal, plastic or wood? Straight needles, preferably in smooth, shiny wood. I use circulars for knitting in the round, I've never been able to master double-pointed needles.
13. Besides socks, what are your favorite items to knit? Little sweaters and hats for my daughter, tops for me
14. Is there a pattern, (sock or otherwise), that you are dying to try? Yes, they're listed in the sidebar under "On My Mind"
15. Do you like to read? What are you reading currently? I love to read. True Crime novels are my trashy beach read. I like "social issue" books. I just started Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
16. Do you collect music? I have an ipod but I wouldn't say that I collect music.
17. What kind of music do you listen to? Jimmy Buffet, Jill Sobul, a college friend got me hooked on country (curses to her)
18. Is there anything you collect? Not really. I tend to be more OCD than pack rat so if it doesn't have a set place and purpose it's garbage.
19. What are your hobbies, aside from knitting? yoga, working out in general
20. Are you participating in any other swaps or knit alongs? Yes. I got so excited and impatient waiting for the Virtual Knitting Vacation to start that I signed up for this, the Dog Days of Summer Dishcloth Swap, the Zodiac KAL, Stashalong, and the Christmas KAL.
21. Do you have a favorite scent? tea and ocean
22. When is your birthday? March 16, 1978

No comments: