Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Dog Days of Summer Dishcloth Swap Questionnaire

1. Do you knit, or crochet, or do both?
I only crochet when I absolutely have to, I'm a knitter.

2. How long have you been knitting\crocheting?
After much begging, my mom taught me when I was about 8. The first thing I made was a long rectangle with a hole in the middle for my head out of my mom's scraps. I wore it every night while watching TV before bed.

3. Have you knit dishcloths or dishtowels before?
No.

4. What are your favorite cotton yarns?
I've only knit with Rowan All-Seasons, Rowan Glace, and GGH Mystik before. They're all so different, I guess between the three, the Mystik.

5. Is there a cotton or linen you’ve been dying to try but have not?
Of course! Blue Sky Cotton, Fable, Jamaica, Cotton Twist, I could list more!!

6. Are there any cotton yarns you don’t enjoy knitting with?
Not that I know of.

7. What type of needle do you prefer using? (Metal/Wood/Plastic)
I like dark, smooth, wood needles, but will use Addi Turbo metal needles. I can't knit with plastic.

8. What other projects do you enjoy knitting or crocheting?
I like making sweaters and hats for my daughter. But I have been known to make tops for myself, ponchos, shawls, purses, etc.

9. Do you have other hobbies or enjoy other kinds of crafting?
I have a 19-month old so my hobbies are knitting and keeping my knitting out of her hands and mouth.

10. What kind of treats do you like? Chocolate? Candies? Nuts?
I am always a fan of chocolate, but sour gummy candies make me happy too.

11. What colors are your kitchen and bath decorated in, if any?
The kitchen is Caribbean blue with not-yet-there yellow accents. The bathroom is tan and darker blue.

12. What are your favorite colors and what colors do you dislike?
I love sun-kissed earth tones, yellow, orange, reds. I dislike neon and washed out pastels.

13. Do you drink coffee? Tea? Other beverages?
Tea in the winter, ice-tea in the summer, diet Pepsi all the time.

14. Do you have any kids (human or pet variety!)?
1 1/2 humans (a 19-month old, and a 11-year old step daughter part time), and 2 dogs.

15. Do you have any allergies?
None.

16. Please share 3 tidbits about yourself that you think your pal and other swappers might find odd or interesting.
1. I am a Registered Dietitian with a degree in Nutrition and am working towards my Masters.
2. If all goes according to plan, my husband and I want to have four children.
3. I got married at the top of Cathedral Ledge in New Hampshire in September 2002 with ten people present, despite having a 200+ guest wedding planned for the following summer.

Now, some non-swap items - this is from Jacques website, This Kitten Knits, where, incidently you can see another picture of Bear in Jacques' design, Hey Mickey. "It is time for those of us in the online knitting community to pitch in and help out one of our own. Annie Modesitt and her family are facing a battle with cancer. As you know Annie is an amazing designer who has given us knitting wisdom as well as tons of beautiful patterns to knit. She is offering a gorgeous pattern for download that can be yours for a small donation that will go directly to her husband Gerry's health fund."

No comments: